Monday, January 26, 2009

Will "24" Rest After Day 8?

It's been a real question on a lot of people's minds and Ausiello talks to Kiefer about it here. I think that they will keep Kiefer alive for the "24" movie series to be a possibility. But other than that, who knows. They say the two possibilities are Jack can have a happy ending or he can die...but that really isn't the end of the choices: he could be in jail, he could be unhappy and free, he could be wounded and recovering, etc.
But the problem with "24" since season 3 is that the plots have been recycled way too much. After another season of this, I'm not sure there will be a lot that will continue to capture my attention from week to week. I think that Jack needs to make some selfless decision at the end of "Day 8" that will result in him going to jail or killing someone from his past that's wronged him again/taken something else away from him. Maybe this is where Kim gets back involved. Or Audrey. I think that a movie can start with his sentence being over/being commuted/being pardoned (like anyone would think Jack wouldn't be pardoned after his service to this country...that's why this season's "Senate hearings" are somewhat laughable).
I think the series can't go on past 8 seasons. There's a problem in sports sometimes of stars hanging on too long and ruining their image. I think that "24" needs to quit while it's still got me on the edge of my seat and excited from week to week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment