Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nighttime Observations

-It was a "Where's Waldo?" act, but Sarah and I found John McCain's walk-on role on "24"...it was really small, but quite Mavericky

-So the brother of Mark McGwire (who I don't think anyone thinks didn't take PEDs), who he hasn't spoken to for years, is going to come out with a book saying he took steroids at some point...and this is front page news for days on ESPN.com? Does ANYONE care anymore? McGwire isn't going to the Hall of Fame...why the constant need to discuss this?

-How will someone now choose a hedge fund to invest in? If they say they have great returns, everyone will think they're lying. If they have bad returns, you wouldn't want to put your money there anyways. I think hedge funds are in trouble.

-Chris Webber seems pissed off to be on TNT. He either sits there slouched or gets into arguments with people on the set. I don't watch the NBA that often and I have no confirmation from Webber...but I think that he's still bitter about that Kings/Lakers series (and rightfully so).

-I'm pretty sure during HBOs "We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration", Garth Brooks screwed up the words to "American Pie", the worst of which, singing "and good old boys were singing whisky and rye".

I did a quick Google search, and it ends up I wasn't the only one who heard that...here also (it was the censored version? are you serious? or is that the story because he messed up?)

No comments:

Post a Comment