Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gladly Wrong About the Cardinals

Congrats to the Arizona Cardinals who made the Super Bowl by the skin of their teeth (there's that phrase again). After jimmying the television at the treadmill next to me at the gym so that I could watch the game without listening to the broadcast (got it to the correct channel, pulled out the plug to disable the auto shutoff from the remote...it's very Jack Bauer-esque--at least in my mind).

I say gladly wrong, because with my luck, I felt like picking against the Cards was actually a good omen for them to win the game. The Cards continue to prove all doubters (including me) wrong...amazing...

The biggest play of the 1st half was the fleaflicker from Kurt Warner to Larry Fitzgerald. I admit I turned it off after the Cards kicked the field goal heading into halftime. I thought it was over and didn't want to see an Eagles comeback if it wasn't. I didn't think we would see the Eagles take the lead...and then the Cardinals drive to take it back.

Kurt Warner showed that he's back to his MVP form of almost a decade ago and Larry Fitzgerald made a case to be considered the best wide receiver in the game.

Just saw Joe "Cool" Flacco throw the INT to Troy Polamalu who cut back all the way across the field to probably put the seal on the game...though after the way the Cardinal game went, anything is possible.

Maybe my prediction of Joe Cool's road superiortiy coming to an end will finally come through...bad throw there in that situation, but nice job by the Steelers creating a lot of pressure on him.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment