Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out With the Old and In With The New...and other links

"We have duties to ourselves, our nation and the world,
duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly."
 
President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama walk with former President George W. Bush and former first lady Laura Bush, as they leave the Capitol after the swearing-in ceremony.
 
I can't really say I'm upset to see the man on the right become former-President Bush. And I can't deny I've been tremendously excited for the man on the left to become President Obama. Although I can't say I was 100% behind him from the beginning (Hildog got my support for a while), I know that, by the end, we were all so inspired by him and excited for him. I stood with a bunch of people in Times Square on Election Night chanting "Yes We Can!"  and knowing that it was my generation that would help propel Obama to the presidency in January.
 
Today it finally happened with excitement all around. Awesome to see so many people still so excited (though the market could do it's part too). And it's good to see that maybe, for the first time in a long time, it will be an era of responsibility. Great speech, great energy surrounding the event, and the feeling here is that there is Hope and Change coming for 2009 and beyond...
 
-Well it wasn't all good today...First it was Clinton and Carter. Then Clinton and Cornyn. Then Cheney vs. the Machine. Then Obama and the Chief Justice.
 
-And now word on Kennedy and Byrd. Definitely echo Obama's words about Ted Kennedy (who was taken away in convulsions): prayers are with him.
 
-50 heavy lifters of the new administration from the Financial Times.
 
-What athlete would make the best President? I go with Jeter...he has the clichés down to a science. Also in sports and politics, an ESPN.com column about Obama's action in sports and the nation's children.
 
-My favorite Obamicons: Shamwow, WMD, Abide, Mavericky, and Fail...oh...and ours.
 
-My friend Jay had this occur to him this weekend...make sure to update that Facebook password (and make it less hackable). Not fun.
 
-Though Jay would be happy to hear this news about a possible return of the Hartford Whalers being discussed.
 
-Arizona may be in the Super Bowl but the state could be broke by February
 
-Paul Krugman in the New York Times on Wall Street Voodoo.
 
 
-This guy wants us to pray for global warming.
 
-First of all, I already reported this...but here it is again: Mexico at risk of "rapid collapse"
 
-Just above Mexico, sources say that Dallas Cowboys were often tardy, undisciplined, and, overall, sucky (I added that last point).
 
-Also concerning Mexico, WBC rosters released. Lovely double play combo: Jeter to...Pedroia to... Youkilis. I think I'm going to be sick...
 
-O's and Markakis reach a deal. Seems odd to give this type of guy that large of an extension in this environment...but hey, it's the Orioles!
 
-And, lastly, The Wall Street Journal looks at how the presidents stack up on job-approval ratings...pretty cool

No comments:

Post a Comment