Thursday, January 22, 2009

Congrats to Astron

Tonight I attended Astron Solutions 10 year anniversary. Astron Solutions is a New York-based consulting firm dedicated to the delivery of human resource consulting services and supportive technology. I joined them in 2006 as a summer intern in marketing. One of my tasks was to maintain their blog. That is my other blog (for which my official title is still blogmaster) and the inspiration for my blogging.

One question they asked everyone at the event is "where were you 10 years ago?". In January of 1999, I was a freshman in high school, the Euro was established, Dennis Hastert became Speaker of the House, and Super Bowl XXXIII was won by the Denver Broncos and John Elway--their second in a row and the final game of Elway's career. Two days after the month ended, Hugo Chavez became President of Venezuela.

We've come a long way since 1999...congrats to Astron, and let's hope there's many more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment