Thursday, January 15, 2009

Loss of a Fellow Blogger

The blogs listed on the right column are ones that I actively go to...but there quite a few that I check out every once in a while. One is Bronx Banter, a blog I got to through Peter Abraham's LoHud Blog...
 
I happened upon the site a couple of weeks ago when I saw this post from Todd Drew. It was a very good description to say that bad things in life can sometimes get put aside and forgotten with baseball (and other sports).
 
Todd's story brought me back to when my grandfather had a heart attack, I remember watching the Yankees-Mets 2000 World Series in the hospital. When he awoke out of his coma, although he didn't know anyone or anything going on, he told me he was rooting for the Mets. Why? Because I was rooting for the Yankees. It was a stupid thing, but that little bit of comfort gave me a smile on a tough day. And we sat and watched baseball.
 
I was sad to read this on Peter Abraham's blog today that Todd had lost his battle with cancer at 41. Bronx Banter also had a post about it.
 
RIP Todd
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment