Friday, January 30, 2009

My Super Bowl Squares

 
Steelers
Cards
Q1%
Q2%
Q3%
Q4%
Overall EV%
Ownership
Score 1
2
2
<0.1%
<0.1%
<0.1%
<0.1%
<0.1%
Me
Score 2
7
3
4.7%
4.5%
3.3%
2.0%
2.7%
Me
Score 3
4
4
0.2%
1.8%
2.3%
1.5%
1.5%
Me
Score 4
9
7
0.1%
0.5%
0.7%
0.8%
0.7%
Me
Score 5
0
5
0.1%
0.2%
0.4%
0.7%
0.6%
Mom
Score 6
3
4
0.9%
2.3%
2.3%
1.5%
1.6%
Paul
 
I posted here the scores from my office Super Bowl "squares" in which I have a stake. Four of them are mine and two I get a finder's fee for, so I'll be rooting for all of them. I read a 2005 Sabernomics breakdown of the odds...but then saw there was a 2008 review and revision to that which is where I got the values from above. Basically, I got the absolute worst square on the board which is 2/2. This has basically has a .04% chance of happening (though Paul is writing this game down as 12-2...I'll believe it when I see it...haha). So I can forget it. I'm riding on my 7/3. I have never won anything in these pools. I always end up with the worst numbers. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
 
A few other afternoon links:
-Securities Industry traders, say that they expect the Steelers to win, but to take the points.
-I wish that Monsters vs. Aliens was not going to be an animated film, because the cast seems AWESOME.
-Now this is luck (H/T Wendy)
-Freakonomics: Treasury Hero and Princeton's Angus Deaton on development economics (I got both Bachelors and Masters degrees in Economics and I was a bit lost...so I can't say it's an easy read).
-Waiting for this shoe to drop in regards to JP Morgan and the Madoff scandal.
-I think that we should keep Blago around solely for the entertainment value
-For big Rangers fans (or just really big hockey fans), this story about John Muckler is great.
-Tek back to the Red Sox...hopefully one more tussle with A-rod is in store
-Over at the Astron blog on the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
-Over 4000 signatures for the Rose Art
 
Off to Massachusetts for the weekend...will update when I come and post my "airtight" Super Bowl prediction (get ready to bet the other way!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment