Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Random Thoughts

-[I think] Paul was joking about trading Eli Manning. But who knows with him...he still wants Joba in the 'pen...(j/k Paul)
 
-I missed "24" all these months. The reviews are mixed (here, here, here, here, here, and here), but lean towards positive. I think that it's classic "24". I sat there and knew a lot of the lines that were coming and things that were going to happen...but it still kept me on the edge of my seat. Bill and Chloe and Tony working together...brilliant! Loved that secret code Tony gave Jack and their interaction afterward as they were about to escape CTU...I mean, the FBI. Loved the interaction between Chloe and Janeane Garofalo! Loved awkward Chloe coming back ''I saw the hearings on C-Span. I can't believe what the Senator said to you...You looked good though.'' I LOVE the intrigue of all the questions ("is Tony really good?" "is Freckles going to break?" "how many times is the FBI director going to get in the middle of things?" "will Walsh punch someone in a suit?" "who is the mole inside the FBI?" "is Tony going to have to kill his friend?" "is Jack going to have to kill Tony?"). I know the ideas are a bit recycled and maybe it would be best wrapping it up within 2 seasons...but glad Jack is back. Prediction: someone we like right now is bad: "Freckles", "Walsh", Garofalo, Tony, Samantha Roth (who was Rolling Stone reporter Annika Staley in "Californication"), etc.. Needs to be that way. 1/6 of the way through, I'd give the season a B+ so far...
 
-Now I need the last piece of my TV life to come back. I'm read to get LOST all over again. I read Ausiello Q&A about LOST (and some "24" nuggets there too). And I'm really, really upset I didn't get tickets to this event at The Paley Center. But this Doc Jensen article has me so, so, so ready to get back into LOST. I need to watch the episodes that Doc Jensen recommends watching again before the next season starts ("There's No Place Like Home--Parts 2 and 3", "Flashes Before Your Eyes", "The Constant", "Cabin Fever" and The Pierre Chang Comic-Con Video). I think I wet myself reading that article. Giggitty! OMG, come back now...
 
-I've never watched Scrubs live until recently. I had always been playing catch up and then the strike happened and NBC decided to get rid of it and it went on hiatus. But I'm glad Scrubs is back...even though it's one of those shows that I would label as "just enjoyable". This Entertainment Weekly interview gives a lot of details away about the next season (somewhat spoiler alert)...
 
-The New Yankee Stadium looks really, really cool. It also looks great on Playstation 3.
 
-This guy is nuts. And he's still out there and "could be anywhere". Amazing. Better are the comments that people put on the Gawker article. My two favorites (quickly reading through them). "I believe Krusty the Klown tried this first, with similar results." and "Here at Icon Wealth Management, the client comes first. Well, okay, fourth, after my airplane, my Lexus, and this leathery chick with fake boobs."  
 
-This would be a bad idea. You don't need old guys auditioning for that position. Ditto to this.
 
-I wouldn't be surprised if my sister beat this girl.
 
-Wow...so someone who is part of the New York Knicks organization is a scumbag? You don't say!
 
-"A-Rod and Kate Hudson sittin' in a tree.." - The Big Picture
 
-This is how cool Barack Obama is. This is how I learned Math...and how he's teaching fellow senators to support a school reform bill...
 
8 days until that man finally becomes President

No comments:

Post a Comment