Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baseball Links Galore

-I'll just let Deadpsin explain the fact that Sunday Night Baseball will now have Steve Phillips added to the crew: "Steve Phillips added to Sunday Night Baseball broadcasting team of Jon Miller and Joe Morgan. So it turns out America does support torture."

-I joined ESPN Insider mostly for Buster Olney's blog which is great every day, but inside his dissecting the ridiculousness that this claim by McGwire's brother has brought on, he has this very insightful statement:

"Anybody still think it was a good idea for the Mariners to hang on to Jarrod Washburn and his $10.35 million contract last summer, rather than dumping him on the Yankees? If you were to draw up a list of the 10 worst decisions of 2008, that would be very high in the running. "

I'm so, so glad the Yankees didn't end up completing that deal...

-Rob Neyer and the Houston Chronicle put big words into plain English for us slow folk

-A list of the best OF arms. As a Yankee fan, I'm very glad to see the X-man (Nady) ranked as one of the better right fielders...and amazed to see Alfonso Soriano on there. Remember when he didn't want to move from second?

Can we please not trade Xavier Nady. I don't think I've been more excited by a batter's introduction song as I am when Nady steps up there to "X Gonna Give It To Ya"

-This man is still a complete idiot (and I promise I'll explain why in a future post)

-And, lastly, the biggest hitter the Mets have signed this offseason (after a season in which they couldn't hit down the stretch in clutch situations--again) hit .132 last season and got released by the Washington Nationals. I'm having a sale on guns. Mets fans, just shoot yourself now and save the pain of going through a whole season--again. (I'll also write about the Mets at a future date...since they seem incapable of changing their team, it shouldn't be too bad to wait).

No comments:

Post a Comment