Friday, January 23, 2009

There Once was a Fund Guy Named Bernie...

This post by the New York Times Freakonomics blog was awesome. The post is of the Omnificent English Dictionary in Limerick Form, an online dictionary where every definition is in limerick form. They put out a contest where readers needed to come up with their best Bernie Madoff limerick. So here's my try:
 
'08 was the end of the fun
Fund managers were finally done
They jumped out of planes
And blew out their brains
And were turned into police by their son
 
And here were some of the best of the submissions:
 
We once believed in a man named Madoff,
who big wigs loved so much as to payoff,
but a Ponzi he ran,
30 years ’twas a scam,
and now I’ll blame him for my lay off
 
There once was a fund guy named Bernie,
Whose investors he led on a journey.
The SEC overlooked
The profits he cooked,
And now everyone’s hiring attorneys.
I gave my fund’s money to Bernie
“A wise choice,” my friends did assure me
Now worse than the loss
is telling my boss
why the red flags didn’t deter me.
Bernie Madoff’s investors were rich
To his star they did eagerly hitch
Then came the stock crash
They asked for their cash
But instead found out life was a bitch
 
Anyone want to try it out in the comments section below?

No comments:

Post a Comment