Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stat of the Day: ALCS Edition

A.J. Burnett was the only Yankee starter to get a win against the Angels this season. In that game (played in Anaheim) Burnett struck out 11 batters and only gave up two runs.

I'll take that tonight.

Some humor for you before the game:
  • Tirico Suave caught A-Rod playing grabass with Derek Jeter. A-Rotic.
  • The Onion with the great title: "Teammates Fully Support Jonathan Papelbon's Claim That Playoff Loss Was His Fault"
  • MLB.com got a little jumpy with their Game 4 postgame headline, wouldn't you say?
  • IIATMS compares the umpiring to our favorite Naked Gun character, Lt. Frank Drebin
  • The Onion says Alex Rodriguez can't wait to tell his (estranged) grandchildren about this postseason
  • Lastly, Curt Schilling remembers putting ketchup on his sock 5 years ago but declines to reveal whether it's Heinz or Hunts, but thanks the heavenly spirits, nonetheless
If you're not following me on Twitter, I'm @noyoureatowel. You can find me there tonight, tweeting hilarity/curses throughout the game.

We'll be rolling out a new layout on the blog soon so if there's a lot of changes, don't panic. If, for some reason, you're having trouble reading the blog, just e-mail me at katz@noyoureatowel.net. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. And send me feedback when you do see something new (or just send me feedback anyways).

No comments:

Post a Comment