Monday, October 26, 2009

Seriously Mets Fans? You're Rooting for the Phillies?

So you're crosstown rival--who you play 6 times a year and don't affect if you go to the playoffs or not--is playing your division rival (who you play 17 times a year and have kept you out of the playoffs the past few years in an embarrassing way) in the World Series. So who do you root for? It would seem simple for Mets fans, you would root for the Yankees, right?
Um, I guess not. According to a poll done by CBS Sports/CBS2 NY's Sam Ryan, 60% are rooting for the Phillies, 30% for the Yankees and 10% don't plan to watch.

You're really still that upset about 2000?

I don't know scientific that poll was, but if it's at all true, that's awful Mets fans. If the Mets played the Red Sox in the World Series, I would be donning my vintage Benny Agbayani jersey, leading the "Jose" song, and tattooing Mr. Met on my ass (temporary mom, no worries).

I would gladly accept any Mets fans on the bandwagon, but if you're really thinking of rooting for your biggest rivals to beat us, you should just bury your head in the dirt and not watch the World Series. I wouldn't want any of the Yankees players to get hurt because there's a Mets fan watching. You can go back to rooting for the Islanders/Jets.

No comments:

Post a Comment