Thursday, October 8, 2009

TBS: Video Issues, Solar Interruption, Chip Caray and George Lopez

I was watching the postgame celebration after the Yankees-Twins game last night. And as Alex Rodriguez walked through the procession, he seemed to knock over the cameraman. This led to a brief crotch shot of A-Rod and it seems like a chuckle from Chip Caray. I wanted to find the video of this and I Am Tim Baker came through:




I don't know about you, but I have had a lot of trouble getting TBS HD to work on my television. Then again, as a Time Warner New York cable subscriber, I have a ton of problems with all my HD. Well, it may have gotten worse from some of you today. From MLB.com:

Fall solar activity could cause brief disruptions during TBS's coverage of the National League Division Series featuring the Philadelphia Phillies and Colorado Rockies on Thursday, the network announced.

The position of the sun can interfere with any TV satellite operations during a span of a few days during each spring and fall. On Thursday, there will be a period of potential disruption lasting from approximately 4:10 p.m. to 5:10 p.m. ET, during the period in which TBS will be airing the Phillies-Rockies game.

Wow...solar interruption? You have got to be kidding me.

Lastly, which is worse for Yankees fans: knowing that the Chip Caray-Ron Darling team will be doing our entire playoff series, or that during breaks from them speaking we are going to be subject to all those ridiculously annoying George Lopez commercials? It's a tough call.

Never did I think I'd see the day when "silver-tongued" John Sterling would be preferable to three different national broadcasts: TBS, ESPN (especially Joe Morgan), and FOX (especially Tim McCarver).

No comments:

Post a Comment