Tuesday, October 20, 2009

StubHub #FAIL: Red Sox teaser

I have enough of a hard time living in New York being a Red Sox fan.
I hear it from my friends, my boyfriend, his family, my hairdresser, the person next to me at the gym when I wear my Sox gear....That's the main reason I'm not a main contributor here when it comes to Baseball, not really my target audience.

So yesterday I receive an email from stubhub titled:

Get great seats to any Boston Red Sox playoff game

Where do you want to sit?

Hey Sarah,

Be there alongside your Boston Red Sox as they chase baseball immortality. Go to StubHub, where you’ll find a fantastic selection of tickets to every playoff game – so you experience the championship chase live and in person. Check it out.Go to StubHub and get the seats you want today.

I actually clicked on it hoping maybe somehow, StubHub managed to get my beloved team back into the playoffs, that they had such power.

Alas, a few hours (and I'm sure many an ANGRY Masshole email later):

Subject: Apologies From StubHub

Hi Sarah,

Earlier today, an email promoting Boston Red Sox postseason tickets was sent to you. This, unfortunately, was a mistake. We regret the error and apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.

Sincerely,

The StubHub Team

I mean - was this a practical joke? Probably not.
I'm sure they have some automated system that handles mass mailings - but some intern had to check off the Red Sox in a mailing for those interested in [insert playoff team ] tickets to receive a mailing about postseason tickets for [playoff team]

Anyway, I digress.

At least we made it to the playoffs.
It wasn't like it was for the Mets.

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment