Monday, March 16, 2009

Top Movies From My Trip

So I decided to download a lot of the movies from the Oscars because I was real behind. I watched 10 movies in all. Here are my rankings:



1) Slumdog Millionaire - As good as advertised. Loved it.



2) Frost/Nixon - Kept me on the edge of the seat all movie...which is really difficult to do on economy class.



3) The Wrestler - Very similar in many ways to the last Rocky movie, but a lot more realistic in its ending



4) Happy-Go-Lucky - Surprise here, but was really good and despite all the cheeriness, deeply sad underneath. Really well done.



5) The Reader - Well I guess I get the hype over Kate Winslet now (to some degree). Not an easy role but she did a nice job.





6) The Visitor - A little formulaic, but a great, great job by Richard Jenkins. Him and Winslet really were the two that carried their movies.



6) Doubt - Tie here with the Visitor. I guess it's purposeful, but the ambiguous ending kills me. But nice work by the three main characters. Underrated performance by Amy Adams.



8) Changeling - Nice job by Angelina but it wasn't enough to carry this one for me. But definitely better than I had heard from others and worth a watch



9) Rachel Getting Married - no disrespect to Anne Hathaway who was wonderful but the movie was a bit too chick-y for my liking



10) Australia - What can I say? I was going to the country so I felt obligated, but the movie was at least an hour too long.



So there's my list. I had seen Vicky Christina Barcelona in theaters but that would have been a solid 5 or 6 on this list if I were to put it in. Still have to see Milk and The Curious Case of Benjamin button but I'm assuming the former will be really high and the latter low on this list. Anything else I should see from the Oscar movies?





-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment