Saturday, March 14, 2009

For Better or Worse, Back In NYC

Back in NYC. What a day Friday the 13th of March 2009 was for me. The day started in Sydney Australia. At 3:15 PM on Friday, my plane left for San Fransisco. At about 10 AM on the same day (Friday), it landed in San Fransisco. Then, after a ridiculously long layover in San Fran, I arrived in New York...and yet it was still Friday. The total time of my Friday was something like 40 hours which, in all deference to Jack Bauer, is the longest day of my life.

That last flight was my 8th and final of an amazing journey through New Zealand and Australia. I loved so much of it and wanted so little to go back into the real world, but now I'm here, WAY off on my sleep schedule, and catching up on DVR and sports news.

From what I'm catching up on...

Likes: -Lost and Big Love. I only watched an episode of both, but both are great so far
-The Rangers pre-deadline moves. Although the loss in Carolina was not a good one, the play under Torts has been better and maybe they can sneak in and do some damage in the playoffs
-6 OT Big East tourney game and Brandeis women's basketball in the Elite 8. Both are really awesome. Will be interested to see if Brandeis can get all the way to the Final 4. But this women's team certainly outdid any expectations I had for them.
-Fantasy Baseball drafts about to start. Always signals real baseball is right around the corner

Dislikes: -The stock market (totally ignored that while I was gone)
-A-Rod's injury. I was expecting a 50 HR season from him before and now I'm just hoping he's back in the lineup and effective sometime soon (also, this Cano injury, who I was also expecting big things from).
-Yankees ticketing. They screwed me for my season package and now I may not even get any single games because of this lottery. Are they for real?
-Cold weather and the real world. Seeing my breath again when I got out of the terminal today was depressing. Much more depressing is dealing with all the real world stuff that I left behind. Work on Monday is not going to be fun after two weeks

More to come soon...missed blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment