Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Team Schools Fundraiser

Wanted to forward this e-mail from Sarah. If you're interested or would like to contact Sarah (and yes, it is Sarah and Sara planning it and they are two different people), please e-mail katz@noyoureatowel.net and I'll get you more details:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

As many of you know, I have been working with my friend, Sara to help plan a fundraiser for TEAM Schools
, which are a series of charter schools in the Newark area.  After a few hurdles (pun...intended?) - the date is set for April 5, in Central Park.  It's only 4 miles (which if you walk briskly is less than an hour) - and the minimum suggested amount for runners to raise is $100 - so pretty much - no excuses!  Not a big distance, and not a lot of money!   The race is at 8am and your registration fee goes to the support the City Parks Foundation - so it's two good causes in one!

Information is on Facebook and their website

Please sign up - forward to friends, put on your facebook feed, twitter - whatever methods of communications - if you want to forward to a bunch of people and copy me or add my contact info - that would be even better!  If you are unavailable and would like to donate - I will be running and donations can be made here. Please forward your donation receipt along to me so your donation is associated with my fundraising efforts!

Let me know if you have questions - and if you are going to sign up! The more, the merrier!  We will be planning a brunch afterward - details to follow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment