Thursday, March 26, 2009

LOST Blows My Mind

Lost - What more can I say? They keep on throwing more and more at you and I think it makes it better and better. It rewards those, like me, who await each episode, week-to-week with baited breath. As you saw by the live blogging, right before, as long-time watchers of Lost, you knew EXACTLY what Sayid was going to do. Now whether Ben is dead and what dead really means is an argument for next week or maybe another day. But the show is ALL about keeping the audience guessing, talking and at the edge of their seats.

Tonight's episode looked like a candidate for good, not great and then turned huge. I like that we're finding out a little more about how people actually ended up on that plane. Hopefully we'll get that for all the characters. One of the things I know we'll get are interesting "Easter Eggs" like this one. That is the picture of the book Young Ben was reading. And when you follow the Wiki link, you find out this (I've bolded certain areas for demonstrative purposes):

Castaneda wrote that he was identified by don Juan Matus as having the energetic configuration of a "nagual", who, if the spirit chose, could become a leader of a party of seers. He also used the term "nagual" to signify that part of perception which is in the realm of the unknown yet still reachable by man, implying that, for his party of seers, don Juan was in some way a connection to that unknown. Castaneda often referred to this unknown realm as nonordinary reality, which indicated that this realm was indeed a reality, but radically different from the ordinary reality experienced by human beings who are well engaged in everyday activities as part of their social conditioning.

Wow...does that sound familiar?

In the end, I feel like my defense of Jack is justified. Do you think he would have acted the same way to Sayid as Sawyer did with Sayid's life on the line? We know that Sayid had other plans, but Sawyer definitely didn't. Also, Sawyer's whining to Kate about why she was back seemed pretty ridiculous. He had so many other more important things to worry about...did he really need to hear her motivation which we all knew--or think we know...Maybe there is something else hidden under the surface, though I fear we're going to have to wait until the last episode of the season to hear it/why Kate and not Aaron are on the plane. No basis there, but if the Aaron/Yi Jeon wedding will happen, I think that's as good a time as any for that backstory.

I wonder what this means for The Purge? I wonder what this means for Future Ben? I wonder what this means for Widmore??? Might Sayid just put Widmore in charge of the island? Might we find out, in the end, that Ben was good and just protecting the island from Widmore or just the opposite, or, as I suspect, that both are bad in their own ways? Love it and can't wait for Doc Jensen's recap!

Also, some "good" news from Ausiello:
Question: Is Elizabeth Mitchell leaving Lost? It will break my heart if she does. --Cristiane
Ausiello:
I address the murky Mitchell situation in this week's EW (on sale Friday), but this much I can tell you now: Juliet will definitely appear on Lost next season.

Well, while that IS comforting to know, we don't know if she'll be dead or alive, in flashbacks or in the present, in 1977 or 2007, or maybe just as a ghost or dream. But I'm excited to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment