Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Greetings from Queenstown

Greetings from Queenstown, New Zealand. This is the extreme sports capital of this area. Anything you want to do, they have it hear. You want to jump off a bridge? Bungee jumping was invented here. You want to jump out of a plane? They got plenty of companies to do that. You want to go on a speed jetboat through the rivers? Yup. Heli-biking? Exactly what you think. And there's many more ridiculous things you can do here.

Today is my day for thrill seeking, but my biggest thrill so far was driving on the left-hand side of the road. It's like trying to break a really, really bad habit. It's so incredibly difficult to do. Not sure why the British decided their need to inject certain countries with this part of their culture, but it is most unnecessary (ditto for their food).

Tomorrow we drive across the Southern Island of New Zealand (where we see tons of Lord of the Rings shit, I'm sure).

Still trying to figure out cricket on TV...this is a sport that looks so incredibly dumb, but I need someone to sit down and explain it to me.

Call me cruel, but I had a little happy feeling in the airport when CNN said that New York was getting battered by snow and cold weather and I'm in shorts and flipflops and with the beginnings of a nice tan.

But I hope all is well back in the US. Haven't been up-to-date on sports but I hear both Brandeis teams made the NCAA tournament again and Avery is now a Ranger.

Speak to you all from Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment