Friday, March 20, 2009

This Is All I Get From CBS

See the reason that I'm upset CBS has been sucking at times at March Madness is that I've only ever really watched this network for two things: football and March Madness. They really offer me nothing else. As a kid I watched The Price Is Right. But that was a long time ago. But I've always had many more TV shows on FOX, NBC, and ABC that I watched.

It used to be only a network for old people's shows so I felt OK with not watching it. But I guess shows like CSI are now popular in my age bracket. Still, I have no interest in watching any programming they have to offer. I'll turn on Two and a Half Men on reruns, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it. That's about as big of a compliment as I'll give to their programming.

And it's not like they don't have good, creative TV people working for them. Their subsidiary, Showtime, has Weeds, Dexter, and Californication which are all excellent and well-written shows. Can't they borrow some people from Comedy Central? I'm sure Jon Stewart, Colbert, or the South Park people could spruce up their programming a bit (and maybe finally give me those shows in HD).

I do have to admit, it's not like I've watched their shows and don't like them. FOX got me hooked for two seasons on Prison Break just based on the commericals. CBS commercials make all their shows look...well...they just don't look like ANYTHING I'd be interested in. The Mentalist? No thanks. Survivor or The Amazing Race? Lame reality shows. Cold Case? Looks like a lame version of Law & Order. Ghost Whisperer? Are you kidding me? They made this show?

It's gotten so bad at this point, that in non-sports programming, I watch The Food Network, Discovery Channel (though just for Cash Cab), and even AMC (for White people's favorite Mad Men) more than CBS. And that's just sad.

So that's why beg and plead for good March Madness coverage. It's the least CBS can do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment