Wednesday, March 18, 2009

News on Lost, 24, The Office, Big Love and SVU

Caught up on all my DVR from when I was away (only having one Lost episode helped...though was disappointing)

 

First, important Ask Ausiello answers from last week, though some are now outdated (you can now follow him on Twitter @EWAusielloFiles):

 

Question: Got any good gossip on Law & Order: SVU? --Laura
Ausiello:
The best: Mariska Hargitay is expected to make a complete recovery and will (hopefully) be back to work at the end of the month. The news isn't so rosy for one of her co-stars, however. Exec producer Neal Baer tells me that "someone bites the dust" this May.

 

Question: I'm sure you're not going to tell us who kicks the bucket on the Big Love finale, but could you perhaps tell us how? Murder? Suicide? Falling toilet seat? --Ava
Ausiello:
Su****a**on?

 

Question: Got any 24 scoop? Please tell me there's some Jack and Renee romance on the horizon! --Emily
Ausiello:
Hey, Renee's still romantically attached to Larry, although probably not for much longer. I'm told a shocking turn of events will further test their already strained relationship.

 

Question: Your frenemy is reporting that a major character will be killed on Lost this season. Is this the same character you've been referring to? --Pamela
Ausiello:
Sure isn't. The death I've been teasing is merely major-ish. This new one's major sans the ish.

 

Ok...some background/follow-up on all of that. I started following his "frenemy", "Watch With Kristen" over at E! Online, and I like her stuff. From the news about Mariska Hargitay only missing one episode following the collapsed lung, to the decision that 24 smartly avoided a cliché Jack/Freckles kiss, to news that Dwight Schrute is going to get some Office lovin' (while, sadly, Ricky Gervais is not), to Lost Redux and tonight's Lost reunion, she seems to have a bit of everything I like.

 

But in the end, I love my Ausiello links and Doc Jensen's amazing Lost theories. He's gotten me really pumped for tonight's Lost with his look at "Namaste". How about Ausiello's list of who is getting killed off on my favorite shows with my guess below?

 

Law & Order: SVU
Number of deaths: 1
Time frame: Season finale
The scoop: It's not Benson (Mariska Hargitay) or Stabler (Chris Meloni). Beyond that, no one's safe.

Andrew's Guess: I think we're looking at Munch or Fin, though I lean towards the former.

24
Number of deaths: 2 (at least)
Time frame: End of season
The scoop: Um, it's
24. It'd probably be easier if I told you how many people aren't dying. Andrew's Guess: Tony is one. Preventing these attacks seem to be Tony's redemption and that, on this show, seems to end in death. Also, it'll make it a nice transition if Bill (so sad, btw—and where is his wife, Karen?) and Tony are gone to making Freckles the only person Jack can work with. The other? Maybe Kim if she comes back, or, *gulp* Aaron.

Big Love
Number of deaths: 1
Time frame: March 20 season finale
The scoop: Major male character.

Andrew's Guess: Well since it can't be Bill, we're down to 6 that I can think of (in order of likelihood with the first three very likely and the last three not very likely): Frank, Alby, Joey, Roman, Don, and Ben. If the clue about suffocation is right, I think Frank may be a goner if Lois can finish the job.

 

Lost
Number of deaths: 2 (at least)
Time frame: End of season
The scoop: One is major, the other major-
ish.

Andrew's Guess: At least 2 deaths? *gulp*. Juliet seems to be heading down this road. Maybe Miles? Sawyer would be jaw-droppingly shocking, but I think he's probably safe. The Kate rumors are out there but if you have Jack and Sawyer, you need her. Could Faraday hit the dirt? Seems to be pretty hopeless for him after Charlotte (and where was he last episode? Helping to build the hatch as we saw at the beginning of the season?). The good part of Lost and 24 is that you really do have to keep on your toes because they will kill off almost anyone…

No comments:

Post a Comment