Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Jumped Off a Bridge

So I decided in one of the extreme sports capitals of the world, that I would do something extreme. That day was today. First was driving on the left-hand side of the road. It's like trying to correct a bad habit. I kept on wanting to go right but kept on saying to myself "LEFT! LEFT!". Next was Shotover Jet Boating which was so cool. It basically just took us through the river, and came within inches many times of hitting the rocks, only to get free at the last second. Then the driver would do a 360 in the water and straighten up right before we hit a tree or some other danger in the water.

And then I jumped off a bridge. I have an EXTREME fear of heights, so this is something I've wanted to do for a while just to conquer my fear. And I felt there was no place better than the bridge where bungee jumping was invented. What a thrill it was! I just dove and kept on falling. Amazing...

Tomorrow I drive across the Southern Island and then leave New Zealand. Didn't know what to expect, but I really love this country. It's beautiful, the weather is great, the people are unfailingly polite, and there's no shortage of things to do. Will hopefully be back again at some point in my life.

And you thought the $5 footlong deal was good? They have 6 inch Subway subs here for what comes out to US $1.95. Sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment