Monday, February 9, 2009

A-Rod A-pologizes and other Afternoon Links

 
-Deadspin is right...Andruw Jones seems a bit confused.
-New York Times fashion and style about the "hardships" a $500K cap in salary can have on a person's well-being
-Deadspin again on how Jamal Anderson was snorting cocaine off of a toilet? Is the pressure of being a TV analyst so much that it drives Charles Barkley to drink and drive and Jamal Anderson to drugs?
-Rich Lederer at Baseball Analysts looks at starting pitching by strikeout and groundball rates and finds that CC and AJ find themselves in the right quadrant and, in my opinion, therefore on the right team (H/T Baseball Musings)
-Al Gore won a Grammy
-I think I'm now going to spend a night here on my trip to New Zealand
-And as for my trip to Australia, this and this make me a bit nervous
-Television in contact lenses powered by body heat sounds so futuristic that it can't be true
-There may be a gel that protects women from AIDS (H/T Drudge for a few of these)
-I would like to point out one sentence from this article: "The stimulus package the U.S. Congress is completing would raise the government’s commitment to solving the financial crisis to $9.7 trillion, enough to pay off more than 90 percent of the nation’s home mortgages."
-Eight ways to keep your career moving if you're out of work (H/T Wendy)
-Who the heck would invest money with Chicken Little Fund Group (H/T Wendy again): "We feel that times of fear and stress are opportune times for investing," he said at the time. "That's when we're most comfortable — when the sky is falling."
-Wi-Fi is coming to a plane near you
-My gmail last night thought I'd like this ghost train story...maybe you'll like it as well
-Must be 2012 because the President is campaiging again
-And a 9-year-old who makes iPhone apps...I need to get moving with my life
 

No comments:

Post a Comment