Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Can't Fall Asleep So Why Not Some Links

I have a lot of these and I figured that sleepless time was when to post them...

-Release all the inmates!
-I'm excited to get totally LOST again tonight!
-I didn't want to gauge my eyes out so I didn't watch the A-rod/Gammons interview, but it seems Gammons was no Katie Couric (nice job there by Shysterball) according to The Big Lead. More here from Baseball Musings and Doug Glanville in the New York Times. Also ESPN on whether those other 103 names will be released.
-With the New York Rangers free falling or freefallin' (however you want to say it), and have assigned Sean Avery to Hartford of the AHL. This whole situation is very, very odd. The reason he is on the Rangers AHL affiliate is not because he's been traded to or claimed by the Rangers. Rather, the Stars have no AHL affiliate and they need to get him in game shape to get rid of him so he's being assigned to the Hartford team...but because he's not property of the Rangers, none of the Rangers executives can comment about him so we don't know if they'll every actually get him in the end. So confusing!
-Big Ben's legend continues to grow: he played the Super Bowl with broken ribs
-It seems like we can say good-bye to John Carney. My dad and I knew for about 8 weeks that Carney was going to fail once playoff time came. Glad to see he enjoyed his Pro Bowl time, but maybe he could have actually made some kicks against Philly.
-Lane Kiffin!
-Some people have WAYYYYY too much time on their hands. Fack Youk I would put on that list. Though the faces of A-rod (not be confused with The Three Faces Of Eve) are pretty funny.
-So Simmons doesn't hate Kobe? We couldn't have cleared that up in a podcast? We need to waste an article on it? Torre, Phelps, A-rod, and everything else going on...and his feelings about Kobe is what we talk about?
-If this projection is right, the Yanks finish one game out of first but make the Wild Card. I could live with that (H/T Rob Neyer). Glad to see the Yanks give up the least amount of runs in baseball. I would love to see more, but you need a subscription. I may need to spring for the $40 a month this year. Thoughts?
-I think that Cashman made a good decision in not offering Abreu arbitration. Looks like he's goint to sign with the Angels for WAY less.
-Not good news for business schools
-Well at least Obama is trying to sell his ideas instead of Dubya who just went ahead and implemented them. I know there's a different level of approval needed, but still...
-Pete Abraham has some good stuff...as always
-Want free shit at Fridays? Here you go. (H/T Slickdeals). Though you probably already knew that one if you read my primer on deal finding.

Oh...an update because I just found this link about the idiot cop who arrested 8 people in relation to the Michael Phelps "marijuana incident". Think he's going to try to get them to talk and turn on Phelps? Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment