Friday, February 20, 2009

Last Link Batch of the Week

Clearing out the links in my browser...
 
-I talked about Chapter 1 in the Ted Kennedy series on the Boston Globe website before, but now the whole series is online and it's really amazing. Some of these pictures are really cool and some of the passages give a great insight and information into the Kennedys. Definitely worth a peruse.
-I'm learning a lot more about Twitter (definitely follow me @NoYoureATowel ). There are things that are cool and that I like like this hot female golfer, Natalie Gulbis, on Twitter. Then you also have the bad side like this kid who stalks that hot female golfer. Weird. This is really interesting though: a world-wide social protest on Twitter for a crazy law in New Zealand
-Baseball-reference.com is a site I have been using for years. It is easy to use, really informative, and allows me to back up some of my arguments with a lot of baseball data (something I am very, very thankful for). It was also a very clean site without really any ads besides the one paid bar on each page. They've expanded now to every major pro sport. Glad to hear that the guy who made it is now a millionaire thanks to this purchase. I'm also glad he's keeping a majority stake and will hopefully keep the site easy-to-use. Hopefully they will continue to expand and improve on what they have, but can't say I have many complaints right now.
-I though before that the Yankees definitely needed Larry Bowa back but now I'm sure after reading he said this. Imagine how things would be if he was with the Yanks saying this type of stuff to Brad Penny pitching for the Sox. Back to the brawls of '03/'04!
-Oooo. A Scandinavian Bar...I will have to check this out (H/T Stacey)
-Some culinary delights at the new Citi/Taxpayers Field (H/T Sarah)...maybe after today's nationalization fears "United States Bank Field"
-I love Restaurant.com. I especially love when their gift certifications are 80% off like they are now. That means you get a $25 GC for $2 and $10 GC for 60 cents. Wow.
-Chris Brown is nuts judging by this view of Rihanna's face
-It seems Benjamin Netanyahu will be in charge of Israel. Interesting to see the relations with the Obama administration. Also interesting to see if he does any better than his first time in this role (such a foreign concept for most Americans...imagine if Bush Sr. decided to come back for another run...oy)
-A little scary, but the best recession magazine covers from Freakonomics
-Another billionaire financial scammer goes missing. This is almost becoming boring commonplace. That's sad. It ends up that this scandal has gotten the finances of Johnny Damon and Xavier Nady frozen (H/T Pete Abraham). Wow.
-I usually get caught up in prospect hype, so I'm pretty disappointed to see Andy Marte fail like this after he was hyped up SO much.
-Institutional Investor's cover article this month is about a new look for AllianceBernstein.
-I'm not sure which one I'm more amazed about in this article: that we actually may have found Atlantis or that they do a first person sidebar column written by Plato. Now that's tabloid journalism for you!
-Lastly, I was trying to keep the blog a PED-free zone as long as possible...but some A-Rod links: Deadspin picking apart his story, Deadspin on A-rod's cousin's trainer, this blogger takes back every good thing he said about A-Rod, Yahoo! Sports' Big League Stew on A-Rod creating childhood memories, Pete Abraham on A-rod's pal making this furtherly (made up word?) shady, and lastly, Deadspin on Barry Bonds' Testicles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment