Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ausiello Spoilers on 'Big Love', '24', and 'The Office'

There's a lot of other tidbits on other shows...but I don't watch those other shows and I'm selfish so you'll have to read them for yourself...but here are some good scoops on the shows I watch: 
 
Question: The Office scoop? -- Gerald
Ausiello:
The titles of two upcoming episodes have piqued my curiosity. One is called "Two Weeks Notice," and the other is called "The New Boss." My guess? Either Michael is faux bolting Dunder Miff or those titles herald the arrival of Wire star Idris Elba as the new big shot in corporate.
 
Question: Since I'm being good and not throwing a fit about Ask Ausiello moving to Thursdays, can you give up some Big Love scoop? -- Linda
Ausiello:
I'm hereby ordering all Emmy voters to watch the Feb. 22 episode. It finds the entire Henrickson clan embarking on a 2,500 mile road trip and it easily ranks as the finest hour of television all season. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to throw a parade in honor of Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny and Ginnifer Goodwin. But more importantly, stuff happens. Ben-and-Margene stuff. Sarah-pregnancy stuff. Nicki-birth-control stuff. Big stuff. Speaking of which, I'm surprised you guys aren't hounding me about the
big death coming up. What's up with that?
 
Question: Does First Husband Henry Taylor die on 24? Please say no. He is one of my new favorite characters! -- Nicole
Ausiello:
I'll say this about Henry's fate: Nothing. I will, however, divulge that his shooting leads to the introduction of First Daughter Olivia, played by Jericho's Sprague Grayden. "She [became] estranged from the family during the campaign after a small scandal," reveals exec producer Howard Gordon. "She's adversarial and very formidable, and actually had a position of power in her mother's campaign." We'll meet Olivia in Monday's episode when a VIP who's very familiar to 24 fans summons her. 

Question: 24 scoop, please! This is the best season ever. What can you give us?  -- Robin
Ausiello:
I thought I had the whole FBI mole situation figured out. I thought wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good stuff!!! Some thoughts on these: The Office I have no clue about. A new boss at corporate would be pretty interesting. I think, if we follow from the last episode, maybe Michael leaves to go join Holly in New Hampshire and the new boss comes in to take over Scranton? Just throwing that thought out there.

On Big Love, I'm much intrigued by both this episode and the death. The Ben and Margene sexual tension was getting a bit much so glad they finally address that. As for the death(s), I'm going with Lois. She seems to be on a bad downward spiral. Either she has to go or Frank does. Joey and/or his wives are another possibility. They're so far up on the compound's shit list that they probably can't live there anymore.

24 has seemed to hit its groove this season. Some things about it still irk me to no end, but at least it's moving forward. The girlfriend aspect had to play out in some way and it seems that it will now. Would an international terrorist really be so careless? I don't think so. But who knows. The mole situation has got me confused. Garafalo has been so bad in her acting...might she be playing a Logan and be "acting" that poorly because she's working for the other side? Or is she mailing it in? Could it be "Walsh" or "Walsh's fling" (that would be a throwback to way too many CTU plots...but I feel like it has to be one of these two)? Or maybe it still is Moss? I also love how the show gets on a high horse that it doesn't condone torture...yet in every situation it seems to be the right move. Jack is playing very James Bond-ish, not leaving anyone alive to question. But hopefully, now with 8 episodes down, the last 2/3 of the season will be good. Who is the VP? It can't be Wayne Palmer (wrong party) or Logan (sort of a criminal)...but could it be Mike Novick? or maybe James Heller? or Jon Voight's character? Excited to find out about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment