Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blown Save Magnet

Last year I was at the Indians game where Joba Chamberlain blew a save. It was the only blown save of his career.

Last night I was at the Rays game where Phil Hughes blew a save. It was the only blown save of his career.

At least last night they won it in a walk-off (Joba's surrendered home run to David Dellucci last year proved to be the game winner), but that's pretty bad luck for me with the set-up men.

Let's not panic, though. It was only the fourth time in 34 relief appearances that Hughes has surrendered a run, and only the second home run. Hughes had gone 12.1 innings without giving up a run up until that point. He also recovered and got the dangerous Ben Zobrist to bounce into a double play to preserve the tie.

Blown saves happen...it just seems to happen to me a lot more. That, my friends, is a bunch of BS--pun intended

No comments:

Post a Comment