Thursday, September 3, 2009

Joining Up With Nick Swisher for a Good Cause

Saw a Nick Swisher tweet today: @NickSwisher: Lee National Denim Day is coming up soon! Join my team @nickswisher.net, donate $5 for impt cancer research & wear your jeans on Oct. 2!

From the release on his website: New Yankees star Nick Swisher has joined Lee National Denim Day, one of the country’s largest breast cancer fundraiser, to help raise money for groundbreaking cancer research. As a co-ambassador to the Entertainment Industry Foundation, Swisher is participating on behalf of his grandmother, one of the most influential women in his life, who passed away from cancer several years ago – the cause is very close to his heart. Please join Nick by visiting his team page.

The group name is "Nick Swisher & Friends" and the group ID is: "235202". I went to the website, denimday.com, and sent in my donation and I encourage you to do so as well. Like Nick Swisher, my grandmother also died of cancer. Let's all work together with one of my favorite Yankees to help champion a very good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment