Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yanks vs. Rays Tonight (w/ line-up posted)

Lineup posted for the Yankees from WFAN's Sweeny Murti:

1. Jeter - DH
2. Damon - LF
3. Teixeira - 1B
4. A-Rod - 3B
5. Swisher - RF
6. Posada - C
7. Cano - 2B
8. Cabrera - CF
9. Hairston - SS
P- Gaudin

So a half day off for Jeter. Meanwhile, as we get closer to gametime tonight, I'll add some more links here. I'll be there in person tonight with my new Mark Teixeira jersey. Let's hope for a few Tex Messages to Mark the occasion.

Update 3:58 PM: A few random non-sports links (inspired by The Big Lead):
Update 4:20 PM: Some Yankees links:
  • Rob Neyer says that no one misses old A-Rod. Let's hope that means old A-Rod isn't showing up in October.
  • Peter Abraham looks at the two Yankees' reserves making a big impact (two great moves by Cashman)
  • The New York Times shows how the Yankees have dealt with arm trouble all through their organization (which makes the Joba Chamberlain handling even more important)
  • Tyler Kepner is looking ahead to a possible Tigers-Yankees rematch in October and looking forward to Mike Dunn
  • Baseball Musings and The Baseball Analysts point out that a Yankee World Series could very well make them team of this decade as well
  • IIATMS breaks down the Rivera for Cy Young candidacy. I think he should finish in the top 3
Update 4:30 PM: I won't be the only famous person at the game, supposedly Yogi Berra will be there also. I doubt I'll run into Yogi in the Grandstand, however.

Update 4:37 PM: Today Peter Abraham looked at the Yankees two possible first round opponents, the Tigers and the Rangers, and tried to figure out who they want to play. My theory? They want to play whoever they play. I wanted them to face the Angels in 2002 and 2005, the Marlins in 2003, the Tigers in 2006 and the Indians in 2007. I'm done wishing for them to face someone. I feel they can beat anyone, but wishing for a team has done me no good.

Out of the two, I would least like to play the Tigers right now, but if the Rangers play .750 ball over the last 3 1/2 weeks to get past the Red Sox, do you want to touch them with a 10-foot pole? I don't think so. That's the problem with wishing for a team. Let's worry about us and not who we're playing.

Update 4:54 PM: This is NOT good: @TylerKepner: RHP Dave Robertson going to see Dr. Amdrews for elbow MRI.

Let's hope he's OK. He's been a huge part of the bullpen so far this season. Peter Abraham even showed how much he compared to Daniel Bard. This could be a HUGE loss

Update 4:57 PM: Heading down to the Stadium now. Let's see if the Yankees can take another from the Rays tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment