Friday, September 18, 2009

Back In Town and Some Bad News

Got back in town last night from a week in Richmond, VA. Did not realize how many Redskins fans there were down there but it was nice to rub in the Giants win. I was amazingly able to get 880 AM on the radio so I could hear the Yankees come back against Los Angeles. I was also in a bar when the Yankees/Blue Jays brawl broke out so I was able to see that. Pretty crazy.

But now I'm back in the city so great they named it twice. I came back last night to some bad news, however. Peter Abraham, one of my favorite bloggers and one of my best sources for all things Yankees, is leaving The Journal News to go write for the Boston Globe (yes, that means covering the Red Sox...double ouch).

One of the reasons I decided to start a sports blog was because of people like PeteAbe who I enjoyed reading, but wanted to add to the discussion with thoughts of my own. I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavor and hope that NYaT can fill a little bit of the gap left by his leaving.

Bronx Banter acknowledges that there will be a big lack of #1 Yankees coverage. Sliding Into Home wishes him luck in his endeavor. River Avenue Blues has a whole Peter Abraham appreciation thread. Rob Neyer gives his congratulations. It Is High, It Is Far, It Is...Caught calls him a traitor for leaving to cover the Red Sox. Pete says that finding a good replacement and keeping the LoHud Yankees Blog up and running at a high level is a top priority of the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment