Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You Want Your Baseball Links?

Links galore! It's been a while. I'll do baseball (mostly Yanks) and then do other stuff in the next post:
 
-Thank you to Sports Illustrated for totally jinxing CC Sabathia's 2009 season. Great work...Assholes.
-Ah, the "Joba Debate" again. I feel this is like evolution vs. science all over again (except, maybe, not to the degree of importance...for some). Today I think I finally won that debate with my co-worker Paul. When he said he was frustrated that this team so often falls behind 6-1 like last night and that he just wanted his starter to give his team a chance, I said: "So, then you want Joba a starter, right?" I got a "I guess so" out of him which I count as a win.
-"DiMaggio. Mantle. Murcer. Henderson. Williams. Damon. Gardner," says Shysterball. I actually think this is EXACTLY what the Yankees need. For too long they tried to cover CF with DiMaggio and Mantle (or their free agent/trade equivalent). Maybe it is just time to sit back and let a scrappy, speedy guy do his thing out there.
-Yankee Bloggers take on the 2009 season in a Q&A for the New York Times
-Really funny article about the panic that could have ensued after yesterday's Yankee loss (H/T to Red Sox fan Bryan)
-So Mark Teahen is going to play second base after not playing there since his freshman year of college? On a team that's already bad defensively? I know that Buster Olney says there's widespread optimism, but I just don't know. If you need the bat in the lineup that badly, maybe he should be playing 1st/3rd/DH/RF/LF? And if you need a bat that most are predicting around .273 with 13 HRs and 63 RBIs, isn't that a big, big problem if you're supposed to be a big surprise of 2009 according to Peter Gammons? Also a big problem, having Kyle Farnsworth on your team.
-Some good end-of-spring-training thoughts from Peter Abraham
-Could Dallas McPherson fit on these Yankees? (I probably say he's not a bad bench player, but who do you get rid of to put him on there? You can't think of any names. And that's the problem)
-An awesome April Fools Day prank revisited (H/T Rob Neyer)
-I agree with Fack Youk, why do we need the YMCA and all the garbage, recycled entertainment at the New Yankee Stadium (and, for that matter, God Bless America needs to go--though I hate to say that)
-Keith Law takes a shot at predicting the divisions
-Hal Steinbrenner states the obvious
-How about those Bernie Madoff Mets seats? Going, going, gone!
-Young Japanese Schoolgirl (see how many hits that gets me) is a knuckleball pitcher in a Japanese independent league

No comments:

Post a Comment