Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nady May Need Surgery And Miss The Season. TGWHNS

Crap...from Peter Abraham (H/T to Wolinsky for pointing this out to me while I was working on my NHL playoff piece): BREAKING NEWS UPDATE, 12:55 p.m.: Nothing official yet, but the word is that Xavier Nady will need surgery and miss the season.
Seems like he'll get a second opinion from the Yankee team doctors. Really bad news for the Yankees. They finally had some flexibility with Swisher as a super utility guy. Now they're going to scramble a bit again. Word via River Ave Blues is that Austin Jackson and Kevin Russo came out of the lineup for AAA. No word on whether either of those guys will be at the Yankee game tonight. Of course, it seems that at the least Nady will have to go on the DL. Yuck. I wanted Swisher to start over Nady, but not in this way. Let's hope for the best for him and for the Yankees.
All I can say is TGWHNS. Thank God We Have Nick Swisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment