Thursday, April 9, 2009

Killing Me

Someone just put 50 doughnuts from Dunkin' Donuts in the break room...and it's Passover...and I can't eat them...
 
Are you kidding me? Now I know the hardships my ancestors went through in Egypt (kidding)
 
But in good news, FYE sent me a $20 Visa gift card and I don't have the foggiest notion why...though I'm sure I should just thank Slickdeals
 
On to links
 
Sports Stuff:
-Simmons on A-Rod. Just not what I expected. Thought we'd hear a lot more ridicule than sneaky punch lines. Defending him in the clubhouse? Just seems like un-Simmons. But then again, he did just do a podcast with Rick Reilly. So maybe he's going senile. It's never too early!
-According to Deadspin, the New York Mets hate children. Sounds about right.
-Tony Kornheiser and my mom's alma mater, Binghamton, gets pretty reamed in this New York TImes piece which says that their move to Division I has brought recognition, but also regret.
-Surprise, surprise...the idiot cop who stopped Ryan Moats in the hospital parking lot resigned. Good riddance!
-RIP Marie Olbermann. You were only known to me when Chuck Knoblauch hit you in the head, but a die-hard Yankee fan like you will be missed.
-Sean Avery is going to open a Tribeca sports bar. I am so there.
 
Other Stuff:
 
-Big New York Times story saying that President Obama is going to make an immigration bill a priority despite the risks
-Ausiello reports: SVU will be back next season but Benson and Stabler may not?!?! I don't know if the show would survive without them. And supposedly the network is threatening to kick them to the curb if they don't stop haggling
-Duchovny has a new love interest on Californicaiton (more TV stuff later)
-What to say to your boss when they tell you to stop surfing Facebook/Twitter/etc.: "I'm actually increasing my productivity!"...at least according to this University of Melbourne study. The HR Capitalist says that they'll take 70% of employees with 9% increased productivity even if it means that 14% may "become addicted to the internet."
-Two articles that say that those who aren't laid off should lend a hand to job seekers: New York Times and Wall Street Journal
-There are a lot of "orphan" Smart Cars out there as people are refusing delivery, according to USA Today
-Amazingly, they have now certified one Japanese man as a double A-bomb victim--of the non-A-rod variety--the AP via Yahoo! reports (H/T Wendy)
-Interesting blog post on why Facebook doesn't really listen to customers, though the most interesting part, I think, was the "phases of Facebook". Amazingly, after this was written, they did make the website a little less Twitterish after a lot of customer outrage.
-This story from a few weeks ago about the murdered WABC newsman, George Weber after a violent sex ad is nuts!
-The number of workers in the U.S. on jobless benefits hit a new record according to Reuters
(back later with more links...)

No comments:

Post a Comment