Friday, June 26, 2009

A Few Sports Thoughts Before Bed


-Derek Jeter just turned 35. I feel old. I was in 5th grade when he made his major league debut. Happy birthday to the Captain. No active player has earned more rings or had more beautiful women than Jetes has had.

-Jorge Posada's wife is hot (another picture on the right)! Nice job, Jorgie! You really juiced that one!

-Our poll is now closed. 60% wanted Chien-Ming Wang in the starting rotation, 30% wanted him out and 10% said one more start. The only good news for him is that Citi Field is cavernous.

-Jeff Bennett = Kevin Brown.
-Geovany Soto = Michael Phelps

-I'm sorry I didn't mention the U.S. Soccer win over Spain earlier, but the truth is that I don't care that much about soccer. It's never really caught on in my life. I watched the World Cup once when my family first got High Definition television and saw the infamous headbutt. After that, I haven't cared much at all. But, regardless, this win was awesome. The New York Times declares it "Miracle On Grass".

-On the Knicks roster: Darko Milicic, Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas
-Not on the Knicks roster: Quentin Richardson, Stephen Curry and Ricky Rubio
-Not happy with the Knicks draftday: Knicks fans (I, personally, don't care. It's all about next summer)

-I knew Juan Pierre wasn't that good. From Fangraphs:

April 8 - May 28: 133 PA, .407/.470/.542
May 29 - June 24: 107 PA, .232/.276/.283

Joe Torre and the Dodgers should be glad Manny is coming back soon.

-Which MJ was greater in the '80s and '90s? Michael Jackson or Michael Jordan? And who had the weirder career move: Jordan to baseball or Jackson to Lisa-Marie?

No comments:

Post a Comment