Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Welcome to NY NY Sports Sports

I have to say I love these SNY commercials. Street & Smith's Sports Business Journal takes a look at how the commercial spots have taken a faux sports store and sold local rivalries for a channel that most people (including me) just think of as a Mets only channel. I'm just interested in the humor so I've listed them in the order of their funniness.

1. Lessons Learned. It keeps on getting better and better until the lesson learned about the cups near the bathroom. Amazing. The first one I saw and the best one to date.



2. Keith Day. Gotta love the mustache and Keith does a great job in this spot. Strange for a spot that's trying to be universal New York spots to use a Mets personality, but Keith was on Seinfeld, so it's all good.



3. Cable guy. Seems very similar at the beginning to the Verizon Fios commercials but this is just so much more funny. Interesting that it's pretty Mets-centric like the last one, but it seems to drive the point home they're trying to make about SNY.



4. Charades. The weakest of the four commercials, but still funny. The charade for the Devil is pretty awesome.



Agree with my order? Your thoughts on the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment