Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quick Thoughts on 24

A few quick thoughts on the penultimate Monday of 24.

-So Kim's in danger again? Welcome back to Seasons 1-3

-I love Jack Bauer. I really do. And I understand he's dying. And I do appreciate all he's done for the country. But at some point, his holier-than-thou attitude regarding his family is a little hypocritical. He's always expected people just to go on and do their jobs when their family members were in trouble, but whenever Kim (or Teri in Season 1) was in trouble, he's thrown that out the window. Tony went to jail for treason and lost Michelle. And now Jack seems like he's going to break out Tony (again) and the most he'll get is a slap on the wrist.

-Loved the scene where Jack beats the living daylights/pulp out of Tony. I couldn't watch but I couldn't look away. When he told the FBI agents to walk away, I knew it would be good. There have been few savager beatings in the history of a show that's had its share of savage beatings.

-So all flights were grounded after the plane crash earlier in the season, but suddenly Kim can be getting on a plane? And there is a bio weapon in DC but they don't shut down the subway system? Someone needs to work on their crisis management plan.

-I've been on the DC subway system before but I don't believe there is a Washington Central Station. They got a real area in Adams Morgan but they couldn't use a real station name? Union Station wouldn't work?

-I've talked about this with a few people, but Jack's motor skills and mind are going yet he's the one driving the car, leading the raids, beating up Tony. Don't you think Freckles should say "listen Jack, I'll take the wheel"

-Olivia has been Sherry Palmer II all season and now suddenly she lost her balls? I loved the fact we had another character like Sherry who was coniving and manipulative and cunning. Now she's turned from Sherry Palmer to Keith Palmer from Season 1 acting like a scared idiot.

-Lastly, predictions for the final episode: Olivia gets snitched by Aaron Pierce and resigns (but is back next season in some role), Freckles saves Kim, and Jack kills Tony. The last part is unnegotiable. Before he couldn't kill him for pity. But Tony messed with his daughter. And there has to be hell to pay for that. So that's what gets me excited for Monday's 2 hour finale.




-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment