Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Few Random Thoughts

A few random thoughts/questions about life as I complete my daily commute and ride the train home from Stamford:

-Why do people feel the need to play music on their cell's speakerphone? Is playing it at mind-blowing decibals from your headphones not enough? Do you really long for the days of boomboxes? And why is it never a song I want to hear?

-TIME magazine reported this week a study that a majority of Republicans don't know Stephen Colbert is making fun of them. And these are the same people wondering why they lost an election and have senators defecting?

-People are so scared of Swine Flu. I just don't get it.

-Does Verizon only has cell phones that die before two years is up? I've been a customer since 2001 and I've never had a phone last two years in good working condition. Never. And to make it worse, Verizon has continually turned down their level of tech support. First it was slow and understaffed, then they went to having only phones under warranty repaired, then they stopped doing repairs in stores, then they got rid of tech support in stores, then they decided to just give you a replacement for a non-working phone in stores instead of fixing them. Now, you go in for some idiot to confirm that "yes, you're non-working phone indeed does not work" and then they make you call up a number to get a refurbished phone that take 3 business days to arrive. Can you tell me how no one saw the stupidity in asking me to call a number to get my phone repaired?

-I just read Doc Jensen's EW column. LOST has to solve a lot of our mysteries by the end, right? Do you know how angry I'll be if I went on this whole magic carpet ride just to be frustrated by the end.

-Lastly, one mystery I need to solve is why there is such a price adjustment in the secondary market for Yankees tickets? I can understand box seats going down in price, but why can you buy Grandstand seats for tonight's game for $3 on stubhub? There are less Grandstand seats than last year and it's a new stadium. Seems odd to me even with a so-so product so far.




-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment