Saturday, February 20, 2010

PHOTOS: Yankees 2009 World Series trophy in Hartford

The Yankees' 2009 World Series trophy made an appearance at the Connecticut State Capitol in Hartford yesterday. Yours truly waited for nearly two hours on a very long line to see it. The only redeemable aspect of waiting on that line was getting to pose for a photo with Governor Rell, who swears she is a Yankees fan. Given that she is not running for reelection in 2010, I actually believe her.

Without further ado, here are the photos...


This was the line at 11:45 a.m. Cold. Also deceiving because like an amusement park, once we reached the Capitol, we were barely halfway there, as the line looped around many, many times inside the atrium before getting anywhere near the trophy. We all took a long, long lunch break.


M. Jodi and me


I really would have liked to lift this above my head, Derek-Jeter-style, but the friendly group of CT state troopers only gave me about 12 seconds to snap this photo. Totally worth the wait, though. I really hope to be back here doing the same thing in February 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment