Friday, February 19, 2010

End of Week Link Roundup

Quickly getting out some links from the past two weeks. We'll throw up an awesome pic of Shaun White's hair from CBC and LOST on the cover of Entertainment Weekly courtesy of DarkUFO

Spring Has Sprung:
NBA Trade Deadline
  • The Knicks traded MSG for cap space, literally giving away the house (just kidding!)
  • Yahoo! Sports has a hilarious video of the Knicks-Rockets negotiations
  • Larry Coon of the New York Times has the numbers behind the deal for the Knicks and their cap
  • ESPN.com has a good T-Mac 10 Pack
  • SB Nation's Mike Prada (I'm pretty sure I know this guy) talks about how the Celtics aren't exactly receiving Nate Robinson with open arms
  • NPR has a wonderful segment on Jews and Basketball (H/T Alaine)
  • And speaking of Jews (I know it has nothing to do with basketball), this is great
Post Super Bowl Hangover
  • Drew Brees is a pretty great athlete according to NOLA.com
  • tonyblogs.net has news that Madden is coming to Facebook (I'm interested to see this)
  • SmartMoney has 10 things the NFL won't tell you (H/T Paul)
And on Tiger Woods Day in the media, here's one great link making fun of him. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I know I sound like a broken record, but I can't help how I feel. Looking at that panoramic of the old Yankee Stadium, does anyone kinda wish the Yankees could press Control+Z and just undo the new ballpark?

    I mean, it's beautiful and has all sorts of features and amenities that the old place didn't have...but it's just not the same. Maybe we'll grow into it and someday it'll feel like home, but right now I just feel really nostalgic when I see the old Yankee Stadium. Part of me wishes we could get it back somehow.

    ReplyDelete