Friday, July 17, 2009

The Mets Suckiness In Pictures

It's been a while since I ragged on the Mets so I felt like this was a good time to get back there.
They stink. And the back pages are letting them know it today. Here we have the back page for the New York Post, the New York Daily News and Newsday.
We also have pictures from the New York Times' 2009 Banner Day. This was a pretty cool idea and I hope they do this with the Yankees. I can't draw but I would love to try.
My favorite quotes for banner day with a comment afterwards:
  • "Someone Madoff With the Mets’ Season" - This was good play on words. $700 million in losses can definitely hurt.
  • "Mets Fever, Catch It With Both Hands" - Beautiful dig at Luis Castillo
  • "Obama to Congress: We Must Reform Mets Health Care in Our Lifetime" - Timely and funny
  • "Droppin’ Like Flies!" - Double meaning: the Castillo drop and the Mets health...nicely done!
  • "Chicks Dig the Double-Play Grounder" - Amazing
I didn't know the contest was going on, but I would have submitted something like "Jerry Manuel Preaches Patients" or "Shea Good-bye To Your Starting Lineup" or "Let's Go Mets, F-A-N, boo-boo BOO!" "[The-Team-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named-On-Any-Part-Of-Their-Ballpark] Loses" (and that's just taking 2 minutes and thinking of them. I'll come up with better ones later. If you have any good ones, please post them in the comments below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment