Tuesday, May 18, 2010

View from the 4 Train Platform: Yankee Stadium Deconstruction Completed

I made the trip from West Hartford to NYC last week for a doctor's appointment.  Never one to miss an opportunity to observe Yankee history in the making -- however depressing that history may be -- I decided to kill some time between lunch and dinner by heading up to The Empty Plot Of Land Formerly Known As Yankee Stadium for some photo opportunities.

Below are the photos I snapped with my iPhone, documenting the old and the new.  The entire structure of the old Stadium is gone.  All we have left is scrap metal, crumbled concrete, mud, and (de)construction equipment.  Standing in between the two ballparks, I appreciated the beauty and grandeur of the New Yankee Stadium, but I resented it at the same time.  As I walked around the area on such a gorgeous spring day, I just wanted the old place back.

P.S. How sad is that bat, still standing all by itself behind where home plate used to be??







No comments:

Post a Comment