Monday, May 10, 2010

Giants Stadium Deconstruction Update 5/10/10

There aren't any pictures that we can embed directly onto the blog, but here is a comprehensive slideshow of 1/2 of Giants Stadium as it currently stands, courtesy of www.northjersey.com.

Suffice it to say that I've had enough of our cherished stadiums (stadia?) being demolished over the past 18 months.  It's too much all at once.  Even though I am very excited to check out the New Giants Meadowlands Stadium, I am sad to see the old one go.  Why?  Simply because I saw a ton of football games there over the years.  Some clunkers, but mostly great contests.  It's like a piece of my childhood is disappearing along with the old concrete structure.  I know I'm not the only out there who feels this way.

Like I mentioned to Andrew last week, it is so important to document this process, as excruciating as it might be.  Someday the next generation will ask what happened to these ballparks and arenas and stadiums, and it will be great to have these memories.

By the way, as sappy as NYaT might sound right now, once we get used to the gorgeous and lavish new facilities, I think we'll stop griping about the deconstruction of the old places quite so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment