Monday, November 8, 2010

Just for the heck of it: Tim Tebow Edition

In a recent episode of The Office, we learn that Andy Bernard once wrote a daily op-ed column in the Cornell student newspaper entitled "Bernard's Regards."  This may or may not have inspired me to start writing a daily NYaT op-ed entitled "Hyne Opines."

Okay, I probably don't have enough on my mind to justify a daily op-ed, but I hereby promise that from time to time I will post random sports-related bits "just for the heck of it."  So let's get started.

In case you haven't had a good eye-roll lately, I think I've found something that'll do the trick: Tim Tebow is writing an inspirational memoir.

In no way does Tim Tebow want to use football as a basis for converting you to Christianity.  Of course not.


The book is due to be released in April by HarperCollins.  23-year-old Tebow, who has now rushed the ball ten times in four professional football games, said his memoir will be a story "of faith, family and football" and hopes it will inspire people to "fulfill their dreams."  Excuse me while I go vomit.

1 comment:

  1. But he's SUCH an inpsiration. Didn't you see his Superbowl Ad?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw7qX1TpdNQ

    ReplyDelete