Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Try B-R's Play Index and Get Hooked

Some may say I'm mildly obsessed with Baseball-Reference. But what I really love about the site is Play Index. It's an amazing tool to help figure out so many things. Want to know who had the most HRs the past 15 years? The tool will do that. Want to know who has had the most 20 HR, 100 RBI seasons or the teams with most 20 HR hitters? Done and done. Need to know who has the most strikeouts in a playoff game? You betcha. Want to know how Matt Holliday hits against the Phillies pitchers in case he goes to the Mets? Yup! Basically, the tool is everything as a stat-loving baseball fan you need and more.

B-R recently did an overhaul of the PI system. I have to say the jury is still out in my book about whether the new version is better. With the update, they're offering a 10-day free trial. I say do it. I paid $29 to sign up for a year of the service but I honestly would pay double.

Even if I didn't have a blog.

It's that worth it.

Call me a nerd if you want, but try it out and tell me if you don't get at least a little bit hooked. I'm not being paid to endorse the product, I just want to make sure the NYaT readers have an awesome tool at their disposal--even if only for the 10-day trial. If you try it out, share one of your queries with us here in the comments (just click on "share" after you finish your query, the click on "link" and then copy and paste the link they provide). Some of them are a lot of fun.

1 comment: