Saturday, November 7, 2009

Some Pictures from the Parade

Here were some pictures I took at the parade. I posted all the good pictures on Facebook, so you can click on this link and enjoy!

The best sign of the parade:



The MVP, Hideki Matsui and Eric Hinske


Mark Teixeira and CC Sabathia




Fittingly, they put A.J. Burnett with his personal catcher, Jose Molina, on the same float


The Captain


Jorge Posada telling all of us that the Yankees are, in fact, #1


Joba with his son running around having a great time


Thumbs up for Andy Pettitte


I yelled "one more year" at Andy Pettitte. He pointed back. I take that as a good sign


It ended with the closer, Mariano Rivera


A look at Broadway after the parade passed


It was an awesome experience in the Canyon of Heroes. I hope I will be back many, many times in the upcoming years. Great job by the city of New York, the fans, and the Yankees.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting point from Elissa as confirmed by my DVR: the only Yankees wearing any Yankees gear were the Core Four and Mark Teixeira. CC counts too since he held up a Yankees "27" sign for much of the parade.

    Not sure if this means that those guys are "Truer" Yankees than others (i.e. A-Rod, who wore a funny hat and regular street clothes) but one thing is clear -- it feels good knowing the 1996-2009 guys have tens of millions of dollars but not too much pride that they can't sport a $40 hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, A Rod was wearing a Yankee jacket with his funny hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bunch of guys were wearing the sweatshirts (Chad Gaudin, Phil Coke, etc.). I think some of the new guys figured they'd look good. Most failed at that, but at least some tried.

    And when it finally goes on sale, I think I need to get that blue hoodie. It is really nice.

    ReplyDelete