Monday, November 2, 2009

Back in New York, Ready for Game 5

It was an adventure, but I am finally back in the United States. I heard the Yankees won Game 2 from the flight attendant on the loudspeaker when landed. Games 2 and 3 I watched, for the most part, in a hotel's business center. For Game 3, I wasn't even staying at that hotel anymore. That's why it was an adventure. Amazing that Europe refuses to show American sports except on satellite. I know that Americans don't love soccer, but at least we show it on television.

Now it's time for Game 5 of the World Series! The New York Post's Joel Sherman says that it's Ramiro Pena in for Melky Cabrera (injured in the last game) which is an interesting choice.

Hopefully the Yankees can wrap it up tonight and it won't matter much. But a bottom of the lineup of Brett Gardner, Jose Molina and A.J. Burnett is not going to be very intimidating tonight. If A.J. Burnett pitches like he did in his last game, it won't matter. Then again, if Cliff Lee pitches like he did in Game 1 of the series, it won't matter either.

I think the Phillies find a way to win one tonight. The Yankees bottom of the lineup is weak, A.J. Burnett is pitching on short rest and Cliff Lee has been one of the best pitchers of the playoffs. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees found a way to win. Their ability to grind out wins late in games could be a huge advantage tonight in what should be a hard-fought pitcher's duel.

By the way Philly, I know that Jimmy Rollins predicted the Phillies in 5, but Macy's didn't have to rub in the fact that the Phillies did not accomplish this by running an ad congratulating them on winning. I understand when sometimes they make 19-0 t-shirts because anyone can win that one Super Bowl game, but this is a bit ridiculous.

A few interesting videos to enjoy before Game 5:



Did Chan Ho Park throw a spitball? Looks a lot more egregious than Mariano Rivera's supposed spitball, but I think it's just a case of a guy rubbing down the ball. YouTube has gotten a lot of attention this postseason, but I think that sometimes it gets overdone. Though I wonder if the Phillies and Park will get as many questions as Rivera and the Yankees after the viral video on Rivera.



This second video was sent to me by Jenn and is a crazy video. Just wow. Has nothing to do with baseball...but wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment