Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Brandeis Judges Basketball Off to a Great Start

When I was at Brandeis University, one of my favorite activities was calling the men's and women's basketball games for WBRS, the campus radio station. One of the coolest things was being able to announce an NCAA tournament game during my senior year.

Since I've graduated, I've tried to keep up with the team and was excited to see the season had started when I saw Facebook invite to Red Auerbach Arena in the Gosman Sports Center. So I decided to check out the results on the Brandeis website tonight.

According to Brandeis, "The Brandeis University men's basketball team, ranked No. 22 in the nation by D3hoops.com in the preseason, opened the season with a 90-79 victory over local rival Lasell College tonight in Red Auerbach Arena."

And as far as the women's team? "Brandeis, ranked ninth in the D3hoops.com preseason poll, improved to 2-0."

Brandeis has a new look as you can see by the new logos on the right--which is mostly a shame because it loses Ollie the Owl. But I feel like it's a continuation of the same success that started while I was at Brandeis. And it was good to see Jessica Chapin and Andre Roberson, who I saw as freshmen at Brandeis but are now seniors, with big games in tonight's win--Chapin with 33 points and 10 rebounds and Roberson with 20 points, eight rebounds (a career high), and seven assists.

But mostly it was good to see the Judges continue their successful climb to an NCAA championship. Let's hope they continue that journey this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment