Thursday, July 19, 2012

"He's gone! And nuthins gunna bring him back!"

My title is from one of my favorite Dead songs.  (almost 17 years since Jerry passed)

I couldn't help but post after the Knicks decided to not keep Jeremy Lin. Here is the best article I have read about it. http://deadspin.com/5926800/with-jeremy-lin-gone-all-the-knicks-need-is-a-decent-point-guard-again

The title is so true, pointing out that the Knicks still need a point guard and how Linsanity only happened because they did not have a point guard. They really have not had a decent point guard since Derek Harper. My fellow Knicks fan Roger at Pete's Deli says, "since Charlie Ward" ---- I think we are splitting hairs.

Bottom line is that Felton and Kidd ain't gunna get us a title. I still think the best move would have been to amnesty Amare then we might have been able to get Nash? Or at least been in the running for Paul next off season. 

Let's see what happens, I think by the second month of the season I might be wishing I was watching the Nuggets rather then the Knickerbockers: Lawson, Faried, Gallinari, Anthony Randolph, JaVale McGee, Afflalo, Andre Miller, Will Chandler, not to mention rookie frenchy Evan Fournier. Sounds like a fun team to watch. How much better is Lawson/Miller than Kidd/Felton?

I wish we kept him, clearly money was not the issue. Someone made the point that the Knicks should have realized the value in Lin when the best offer was from the one team who knows how lucrative it can be to have a star with appeal in China.

Let's Go Nugs!

"He's gone! And nuthins gunna bring him back!"

1 comment:

  1. ufabet allows players to play their cherished club games on their cell phones, PCs, and other cell phones. It's not important to make another record for the game, and you can even play with a substitute username. This is especially valuable for the people who are new to the game and there's no restriction to how often you can change your username. You can wager in a free from any danger climate without agonizing over losing your cash or being harmed.

    ReplyDelete