Thursday, September 1, 2011

View From The Seats: Mets vs. Marlins at Citi Field

Elissa and I moved to NYC today, and our first order of business was seeing the Mets take on the Marlins here at Citi Field. (Note: this was not my idea. I would have preferred a Yankees game, but alas they are up at Fenway tonight).

It's a beautiful night and the LOLMets are up 4-2 in the 5th, thanks in large part to David Wright's two-run single. But the highlight of the night was the Keith Hernandez sighting you can see below. In case you're wondering, and I know you are, his mustache looks as glorious in real life as it does on those Just For Men commercials. A touch of gray gets me every time.

UPDATE: I just caught a tshirt from a tshirt gun! Full extension, and I dove across a pretty girl to grab it. (H/T Sarah). Upside = bright orange color, nice Mets logo on front. Downside = an even larger "Pepsi Max T-Shirt Launch 2011" logo on the back, XL sizing. Still pretty cool, though!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Wasn't that guy friends with Jerry Seinfeld?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he spit on Kramer & Newman, and he got in Elaine's drawers.

    ReplyDelete