Friday, April 2, 2010

Yankee Stadium Deconstruction Update: Pictures from the Platform 4/2/10

I know I'm stealing Jay's thunder a little, but I wanted to share these sad pictures. I went down to Yankee Stadium to check on ticket availability (there's only $300 tickets left for the Red Sox and the only $5 game left is an afternoon game the second game of the season).

On the way out, I took these pictues of the House That Ruth Built--the Old Yankee Stadium--in a sad state of deconstruction. You can see all the way to the inner core and it is not a pretty sight. I cannot see any way they're done by home opening day, but let's hope that by the time the weather gets nice in mid-May, we're not elated leaving Yankee wins to see the sad state of the old joint.

In other news, today felt like a gorgeous day to watch baseball and I wish I was entering the New Yankee Stadium (The House That George Built?) to see a baseball game. Luckily, it's just over two days until Josh Beckett deals to Derek Jeter. With the New York Rangers looking like they will miss the playoffs again and the Knicks just sitting back and praying for LeBron James, I can't wait for Yankees baseball to begin again.


-Andrew

2 comments:

  1. You know what's odd? Throughout this entire deconstruction process, we haven't seen any good shots of the behind-the-scenes parts of the Stadium.

    I mean, wouldn't this be a good opportunity to see the ins and outs of the clubhouses, the underground batting cage, Steinbrenner's box, and the broadcasters' boxes? I would've liked to see them a bit clearer, because most photos I've seen have been piles of gray rubble. Not exactly an insider's view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always said it was a good way for the Yankees to make more money. Imagine being able to stand on the inside of the field or being able to pay to be involved in the "deconstruction ceremony" or something like that. It's easy money for the Yankees. It would have helped defray the cost of Nick Johnson's medical bills. Missed opportunity.

    ReplyDelete